Saturday, January 26, 2013

Puppy Love


Blake Lively and her Maltipoo. Photo courtesy of http://shape.com

If you spend even a small amount of time with me, you will soon find out that I have "puppy fever". Not only that, but its most likely on the same scale that many women have "baby fever"

Big dogs, small dogs, fluffy dogs, spiky dogs, you name it, I want it! I have been known to squeal at a stranger toting a cute four-legged friend; not only frightening the stranger but probably embarrassing my poor husband as well...


Yours truly, with an English Mastiff I stalked in Seattle, WA.


As we speak, I have a puppy calendar hanging on my wall above me. This is serious, people.

Unfortunately, due to busy schedules and the regulations of the townhouse we live in, I am going to have to wait to become a puppy mama.  

Though I can be found Googling dog breeds on the daily (for hours!),  and though I already have names picked out, and though I don't want to wait one more minute, I know my dog will be worth waiting for.

I know you're thinking, "what is the deal with this wacko??". Well, here is the deal: I love people, but a dog brings something into the life of this girl that I can't quite put into words. Something about their loyalty, their unconditional love, their need to protect you. Did you know a dog knows when you're sad and never gets tired of being your shoulder to cry on (after you've broken up with the same boyfriend for the 6th time...).? And don't even get me started on puppy-dog eyes.


Dogs become family members. They become companions. We stick through the hard times with them even after they've eaten our Steve Madden shoe or ruined our new carpet. No, they can't replace the best-advice-giving girl friend, but hey, they'll never give you bad advice.

Many girls choose to own a dog tiny enough that it will fit right in their purses (ala Paris Hilton..) and voila! You have the cutest kind of accessory.

According to The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Milan, one is never to treat your dog as if he or she is your child or your soulmate. I have found my soulmate, and one day hope to have children, so I'm fine with that. 
All I want is for my future pup to be my confidant, my buddy, my exercise partner, my guardian and an object of my undying affection.

That's okay, right Cesar? *wink*

 Liv Tyler and her King Cavalier Spaniel. Photo courtesy of http://shape.com

Joe Jonas and his English BulldogPhoto courtesy of http://shape.com

To find out which dog is the best match for you click here: http://animal.discovery.com/breed-selector/dog-breeds.html

Take care of yourself, and each other,

Danielle Cason

No comments:

Post a Comment