Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bring in the New Year with New Styles!



Time to re-assess my style needs! I am currently on the hunt for new staple and statement pieces that will add pop and versatility to what is now my plain ol’ wardrobe.
 I encourage everyone to find pieces that you like but wouldn’t normally incorporate into your personal style and try using it in an outfit.

Here are the 4 tips to consider when making your next clothing purchase:

1. Neutrals are Nice 
Clothing in neutral tones (black, grey, beige, white, etc.) is easy to pair with anything, including statement pieces as well as other neutrals. Neutrals serve as closet staples that you could build your whole wardrobe around. 
 Alice and Olivia
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2013RTW-ALICEOLIVIA



2. Play with Prints
 Prints are fun! Don’t just choose trendy prints; I've learned to choose styles I can see myself wearing for a long time. Mixing prints is actually my favorite part of putting an outfit together. Printed pieces serve as statement pieces that are easy to style because they contain multiple colors that can be matched with the rest of your outfit. 
Peter Som
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2013RTW-PSOM


Anna Sui

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2013RTW-ANNASUI

3. Get in Touch with Texture
 Forget the plain, regular cotton and denim and go for more luxurious textures such as silk, lace, velvet and suede. Fringe, embellishments, ruching, and ruffles also add character to your clothes. Using different types of textures and cuts add depth and detail to outfits.
Versace
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2013RTW-VERSACE

4. Shine on!
 Metallic tones can be used as a statement piece and a neutral staple at the same time! I’ve recently been mixing my accessories and putting gold and silver together. Metallic pieces can be used to add flair and a touch of glam to any outfit.
Versace
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2013RTW-VERSACE

Remember; a wardrobe makeover can’t be solved by a simple shopping trip. Refreshing personal style takes thought, time and patience.
First things first: I need to take inventory of the clothes I currently wear and truly analyze what colors, fabrics and types of silhouettes I enjoy wearing. You've got to determine what style staples you will always wear, new trends you’d like to try, and the compatibility and versatility of new pieces with your existing wardrobe. Happy Styling!

XOXO,
Deanna





No comments:

Post a Comment