Saturday, February 9, 2013

Model Behavior



Chanel Iman
Victoria's Secret's Baby
photo: fanshare.com

In March of 2011, I was living in Manhattan and had the privilege of working backstage at Lincoln Center during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. What. A. Rush! I got to work for J. Mendel and Oscar de la Renta, dressing big name models like Arizona Muse and Chanel Iman and sending them down the runway (don't know who they are? Pick up a Vogue, my dear). In the amount of time I have spent with models (my time in NYC and my time as a stylist makes this amount quite large) I really have loved to learn who these beautiful people are, underneath the glitter and glam. These girls may be 6 feet tall, and two inches wide, with razor sharp cheek bones, but under it all these girls are flawed, boy-loving, twitter-tweeting, tired-at-the-end-of-the-day women; just like you and me.


Cara Delvigne
Fashion's Favorite Tomboy
photo: tumblr.caradelvigne.com

In honor of this week's [snowy]  Fashion Week, I would like to highlight some of the faces that sell the luxurious clothes we see on the runway and in the pages of our favorite fashion magazines. Models get a bad rap for being too pouty, too skinny, too stuck up, and [the most overused] too fake. I would like to state that the girls featured in this blog, like so many others, are very real. I'm sure if I ever had the chance, they would be worth getting to know.


Coco Rocha
The Dancing Queen
photo: cocorocha.com

Meet a handful of my favorite models. Next time you flip through a magazine, or your style.com app, take a look at the names of these women. Google them, watch their interviews, find out about their extraordinary lives. You may discover that they are women doing their jobs, living their dreams, and sharing their lives on instagram; and maybe that's just like you.

Natalia Vodianova
The Real Cinderella
photo: maxone.com

Kate Upton
The Chameleon
photo: fanpop.com

Abbey Lee Kershaw
The Rockstar
photo: ragpony.com

Happy MB Fashion Week,

Danielle Cason


No comments:

Post a Comment